Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week #10 Initial Post

Holy cow!  I have been spending so much time emailing my group, commenting on the Wiki, and researching, I totally forgot to write and post my blog...Oooops!

Anyway, a very productive meeting on Wednesday night (March 26).  I am very appreciative that I am in a group of hard-working, creative, and energetic folks of which many have actually played games.  Thanks to all of you.

As we met together, it was obvious that we were all kind of lost, but the synergy between us helped to “clear the waters” and allow us to find a direction to head, with great ideas along the way.  When the ideas flew during our meeting, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the new info to process.  I am usually pretty easy going...even with my OCD...crazy, right?  But boy, without an outline, I was a mess.  

At present, after a flurry of emails over the past few days and living in the “Wiki-village”, I am feeling more at ease.  We have a huge amount of work done, but still have lots more to do.  Working on the standards in education and integrating them into the game is the difficult part of this project for me.  The storyline seems to be coming together well and my imagination has been sparked and it is fun to imagine this new “world” our game has as a setting.  So, all in all, I am thinking through the game throughout the day and coming up with ideas.  

I guess what I am especially enjoying is the constant correspondence with classmates.  In most classes, the student-student relationships are not really pushed and you get to know each other in a very shallow type of way.  But, in this class, I feel connected with my group.  They always say that when folks go through difficult times together, a bond is formed.  So, it’s pretty fun (I know, bad grammar) to get to know my group members.

1 comment:

  1. Gary,
    I completely agree with you about going through hard times together. I thought it was only me feeling lost and struggling through this. I was about to give up or should I say I did give up and then by the time I was going to withdraw from the class it was too late--I missed the deadline.

    Gary, your work ethic is amazing! I missed the past two weeks and I it was the bulk of the collaboration. :( I am glad you made it through the project. Shauna

    ReplyDelete